Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey Rog,

This one actually passed my screen... a looong time ago:
http://www.fool.com/investing/small-cap/2005/07/08/screening...

SS&C was aquired not too long after Tom recommended it in Stock Advisor, and he was sad to see it go:

"Sadly, two of our winners are being acquired in all-cash deals. SS&C Technologies (Nasdaq: SSNC) is scheduled to be taken private by a subsidiary of the Carlyle Group, and Reebok (NYSE: RBK) has agreed to be acquired by former rival adidas. I wish they weren't being acquired as that blocks our chance to exploit the compounding benefits of long-term share ownership. Such is life. Reebok stuck around long enough to beat the market by 46 percentage points; SS&C beat the market by 97 percentage points. We encourage members to continue holding both until the cash deals are completed. You'll get another 2% gain from each until, as I expect, these deals go through. I am particularly disappointed to see SS&C go because I think it will beat the market soundly over the next five to 10 years. The Carlyle Group obviously agrees, and so does SS&C's CEO, who will continue to hold a large stake in the venture after it is sold. (That doesn't seem entirely fair.)"

Didn't realize it was public again.... thanks for the heads up.

Rex
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.