Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey there,

This is a great link. Very informative. Luckily it's not one of the psychotic I-Hate-Iomega-And-Everything-About-It sites that I can see Kiz maintaining, rather it really has info on it.

Very annoying to know that Iomega doesn't seem to be doing anything for people who've suffered clicky probs, that's singularly poor customer service IMO. However, here's one neat thing the guys who maintains the page says:

<<Before plowing into the details below, I feel that I should state that from a design and engineering standpoint, I really am quite impressed with what I've found as I've started looking beneath the covers of the Zip drive.

I have certainly not forgotten that you and I are here specifically because something has gone very wrong somewhere. And I know that Iomega has not stepped up to the plate with solutions, and that the community of "Click Death" sufferers is righteously pissed.

But problems notwithstanding, I thought you should know that you have not purchased a pile of junk. I have a significant amount of experience with such things (see my resume), so I hope you'll take some comfort in the knowledge that these are really very well engineered products with a tremendous effort and cleverness expended to insure their reliability. Perhaps it wasn't enough, we'll see when we know what's going wrong..... >>

Winston
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.