No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Waymilky,

I am not a expert but I will give it a shot.

Looking at table 6.3 on page 76,I can't find "working capital line of credit

I found this information in the "Notes to Financial Statements" from the annual report or 10K. It was listed under "Credit Facilities". My example of NEOG has a line of credit, but has not used it.

capitalized operating leases

N/A for NEOG but I have seen these listed in the "Notes" section also.

net capitalized intangibles
I am checking my notes on this one to figure out where I got the figures. I will get back to you.

Where did you get the After-tax rate you used in your example? I tried looking on the Ibbotson Associates site and on the EarningsPower.com site without success.
Ah, this one I know I can help on.
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20142528
http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/%7Eadamodar/New_Home_Page/datafile/wacc.htm

Where did the implied interest rate of 8% come from for determining the implied interest? Is this found in the footnotes of the annual report?
I believe footnotes again. Luckily for me, NEOG did not have any operating leases.

For the other Enterprising Tax calculations I just stuck in the tax rate of 35%. There was no explanation about what figure to use.

By the way,I'm trying to use this approach for Hibbet Sporting Goods, Inc. (HIBB) and I'll post the results.

I am looking forward to seeing the results.

I have really enjoyed the book and feel I have learned a lot. Even if I do not use the method, it has really forced me to dive into the 10K. I plan on running most of the companies I own through it to see where they stand.

Did you notice many typos?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.