Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Hey WC,

I've made my best effort.  If I recall, I've seen responses to your thoughts from the powers that be.  I can't speak for them but I'm pretty sure they either disagree with you, or hear you and will make adjuststments to CAPS as they see fit when the time is right and once they have gathered and analyzed more data.   And I point out, again, that the product is in beta version and will almost certainly be adjusted. 

I also point out to you that there is a "Contact Us" link where people debate ideas on the feedback board.  It's astounding to me to that you spend so much time here and what, you're telling me you don't even subscribe to TMF for the lousy $30 or so bucks a year?  That's what  you call "locked behind a paywall."   Wow.  Dude, for you to say that you must inappropriately post attacks against this beta version of the service in every post because you won't pay a such a minimal fee is weak.  Come on, ya gotta admit that going bonko and demanding special attention to your take on the product over that type of money is not cool. 

I also find the idea that CAPS is "Broken" to be an absurd overgeneralization by you, throwing out the baby with the bathwater.  From your POV, anyway.  To say that one can't look at a group of very smart guys and read about their picks and reasoning and find great stocks here to me is ridiculous.  It also seems to be especially good at helping people avoid crap.   You might easily poopoo the International Fight League for example, bu there are plenty of investors who will get suckered into that kindn of hype.  I certainly see CAPS doing an amazing job of helping to out crap. 

I bring up that stock cause it was hte first one I really aggressively tried to bank accuracy on and get whaled on by forgetting to-reup and then missing a 35% drop or so.

Anyway, I find your criticism of CAPS too harsh, your tactics unjust and the excuse for them weak, and I also find your demands for detailed responses unecessary.   However, again, I honestly respect your energy, passion, intelligence and ability to pick winning stocks.  My job as a comedy guy and CAPS promoter/fan is to try to help foster an atmosphere that is fun, and sort of like being at a great party with really smart, decent people engaged in a single noble pursuit - to help each other make money.  I don't always get it right.  But I think it's important that you understand that how you say things is almost as important as what you say and cursing, condemning, demanding and posting the same things ad infinitum is just not fun.  I believe your style, not your substance, is damaging the fun of CAPS. I'm not "offended" just offering you some constructive criticism on your methods as Lord knows you enjoy doing the same to ours.  

Best,

EC

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.