Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4

Fushi points out:

"Take for instance the interesting, but ultimately uninformed discussion going on about the end of HGSI's database agreement and the number of targets their partners have found. [Remarkable that INCY hasn't been mentioned even once in this discussion! Where do they think their new database customers are going to come from?]"

It will be interesting to see if any INCY customers flip to HGSI over the next year or so. I doubt it. There is too much potential for getting into litigation about were data came from. In retrospect, INCY moved well while HGSI was tied up.

HGSI has been trying to put a positive spin on the expiration of their deals, but that may have been a smoke screen. If the former HGSI partners actually bring a significant number of the products under development to market, that is nothing to laugh at, but, I suspect that HGSI will be following up most other drug targets in-house.

I would assume that they will be picking from the left-overs (scavanging from what their former partners left behind).

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.