Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi 1fw! Found your new boards here via the Veg board and glad I made the time to finally visit.

I remember I used to love reading Frost in junior-senior high school; in fact, a teacher had bought me a paperback of Frost poems as a graduation present. Admittedly, I don't remember much at all, but some of my favs include:

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
(Yes, this is the first time I detected the undercurrent of "deeper and darker" thoughts; I remember having an intense (well, I was 13-years-old) chat with my English teacher that "Miles to go before I sleep..." meant death, or as in "rest in peace." What a personal epiphany, even though the teacher chuckled very knowingly; he did grant that I was the only student that caught that though. It made me start to wonder if Frost was suicidal or otherwise morbidly preoccupied - or surrounded by - death issues.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.