Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi ab (jeffbarson):

You wrote (quoting me <<here>>):
"From the Bandwagon,
<<The correct GG strategy would be to buy a basket of wireless infrastructure players: PUMA, INSP, AETH and PHCM (can substitute GNET and SWCM to get the merger/arbritage premiums). IMO PUMA and PHCM are the Gorilla Game candidates, while INSP and AETH are really Godzilla Game players.>>
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13197468
Is this the consensus?"

No, that is just one person's opinion, namely mine.

IMO, PUMA is involved in a Gorilla Game, early in the bowling alley stage. IMO, the safest route to take at this time is to buy a basket containing the leading companies in the wireless software sector. Again, IMO, these leading companies are INSP, PHCM, AETH and PUMA. I am not following that strategy, I only own shares of PUMA, because I think they have the best technology (forming the basis of an open proprietary architecture), a very strong value chain (partners and customers include NTTDocomo, Nokia, Palm, Symbian/Psion), as their software gets integrated by wireless carriers their barriers to entry and switching costs increase. Their MAP software IMO represents a discontinuous innovation, one of the components, Browse-It™, turns html into wml allowing web sites to be displayed on wireless devices without using a third party web site (such as Infospace's wireless portal that aggregates content). The tornado in 3G is only a few quarters away, PUMA is growing its core business at a better than 80% year over year in its core business (last quarter's numbers), and that is expected to shoot up as the 3G rollout gets underway in earnest.

Just remember, this is just my opinion, and I do have a long position in PUMA.

-xerohype

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.