No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi aitraders,

Thanks for the article. Quite interesting.

Over the past month or so, I've let the tracking of current positions slip a bit in the MUE port. (A big part of that was the time taken up studying for the CFA level 2 exam.) With that time sink now behind me for a while, I've been catching up on the port positions, but hadn't yet gotten around to Textron.

Of course, I wouldn't make any move toward a third purchase unless I had caught up, so I hope I would have seen that before making any further decision.

I can understand letting the Cessna CEO go for spending the money sooner than was probably needed, leading to a larger than expected (by the parent, at least) loss. Misjudging something that large is pretty significant. The replacement seems to be a good choice on the surface; at least he has industry experience. We'll have to see how that works out.

Over the longer term of the next couple of years, I don't think the thesis is in trouble. It should rebound. Note the comment about trailing corporate profit recovery by about 2 years and being about 18 months into the current cycle. Implies stronger results about a year from now, if not a bit sooner (though I'm not holding my breath). The Citation 10 will also help.

At $22.68 (last night's close), 2.9% / 1.5% / 0% is the pattern (at 15% discount rate). Heh, actually, 2.9% is the past 5 year average for FCF growth.

We'll see. I'll be catching up on Textron this weekend and making a final decision on another purchase possibility for the month.

Cheers,
Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.