Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi all,

First day in the board and first post.
You people are a little meaner than some of the other boards I'm in. Tone it down a little bit, cause I'm an innocent. I bought some april puts yesterday morning
and so far, so good. I have been shorting and putting
for the last 4 mo.s and it has been very, very good to me. Hence my criticism of this article. Most, no, all
of the people I know who have been getting their hats handed to them say the same things over and over."I'm in it long term!" "Yea, I'm getting killed, but I can go to sleep and wake up in 10 years and I'll be amazed at how much money I've made!" My reply: "You are asleep!" The article makes it seem that one years worth of getting your brain beaten in is O.K. considering the gains you will make over the next nine. I firmly believe that alot of us are here because we want to keep our hand on the pulse of the companies we are investing in or against. If we spend enough time and energy in investing we understand that
1.) Analysts have ulterior motives.
2.) Three months is about all the head bashing I need to understand we're in a bear market.
3.) We would have to be asleep to miss the turn back to bullishness for an extended period of time.

I'm not sure why we keep seeing these articles, because they don't really make a lot of sense nowadays.
mho,
bob
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.