Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi all,

I have to admit I am a bit un-nerved by this huge drop on account of the new earnings release. I am undecided about increasing my position (the stock is pretty much right where I bought it after the recommendation) or getting out of it.

The original recommendation from Matt Richey (whom I respect greatly) outlined the values in this company in a pretty convincing way and I am still happy to hang on. However, the press release bothers me a great deal. The "short flu season" is something that does not really compute with me that well. If you read the take on TMF

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2004/mft04030908.htm?ref=foolwatch

about other companies having had decent sales in February you will also notice that the flu was considered especially severe in December. Now, if people by CNXS products in December at the hight of the flu epedemic than that would call for follow-on sales pretty much straight away - right?

Another issue is the infamously delayed shipment to Japan which was being blamed for the drop in stock price from the previous quarter. These revenues and earnings should now be included in the last quarter and should have somewhat offset the short flu season effect.

Apart from that, I agree with other posters about the unrealized potential in the US market. With only 3% of market penetration there is a lot of room out there to grow - not to mention the big wide world which is largely untapped. CNXS should definately concentrate their efforts in their core product rather than diversify into other lines (imho).

Thanks for listening (reading). Comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers - Markus
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.