Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi all,

Paul, that is a fantastic list of potential starting points and tips for newbies. Another starting point is actually the inverse of these suggestions: Start with something you know nothing at all about and seems to be missing from Flossary. Here's what I think that process would look like:

# Pick something you know nothing about but are interested in learning.
# Make sure it's not in Flossary, or that it's Flossary page is sufficiently incomplete to answer your questions about it.
# Research the topic until you understand it well enough to explain it to someone who knows slightly less than you.
# Write up that explanation in Flossary with appropriate links (whether they exist already or not)
## Preview this new page for correctness
## For any links you may have included, based on your recent research, check:
### existing links for completeness, filling in any necessary information.
### new/non-existent links and begin a new page filling in as much as you can.
### Go back to 4.1 for these pages. until they're ready for the 'Save' button
## Submit all pages
# Submit the page you initially started
# Go to bed, you have to get up in an hour to go to work!
# Get back up and come and tell us what you've just done on the discussion board so we can go add to it.
# Grab a cup of coffee and head to work with no sleep.

I hope that makes sense. This is essentially what I did with the Market Trends page and the How to research a company pages last night.

Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.