Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Anurag!

I agree with you about TST -- in fact, like you, I concluded that Jim Cramer would not risk his brand on things like bad reporting, etc., and bought when things looked black. (I think Michael Olsen may have spotted TST a while ago as a Tiny Gem.)

In fact, TST is just one member of a basket of small cap dividend payers that I like -- other components include ARKR, EEI, HNNA, FHCO, RSGUF and RMCF.

I especially like HNNA - I think they have maybe about four non-institutional shareholders! Last year they sent me a hand-signed holiday card and they send personal notes about things like early dividend payments, etc.

All of these companies seem to manage cash very well, allowing them to pay a solid and well-covered dividend. You could argue that it would be better to reinvest in growing the business, but there are plenty of small caps that do that -- it is nice to have a basket of shareholder-friendly, cash-conscious businesses with strong growth possibilities due to their small size.

ARKR may be the weakest of the group, but it pays an excellent dividend and showed responsible dividend behavior through the GFC. It also fits Stillwater's venerable founder model.

I like Jim's MUE portfolio and have invested in RIG, DF, WDC and TXT based on his analysis. I am thinking of selling DF, however, since it seems a little overpriced given Jim's latest discussion of it.

Anurag, what do you think of the Indian portal company SIFY? A person I like and admire very much acquired a controlling interest in it a couple of years ago (he bought Satyam’s stake), and although I have no special knowledge about SIFY at all, I have very high confidence in his abilities. But I wonder what you might think of it? I know in general that segment of the Indian market seems very discredited these days.

Rich
BITB
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.