No. of Recommendations: 5
Hi Anurag - it truly is fitting that you should recognize Bill's trail blazing role in this whole GG adventure that we've been on.

Back when he hijacked me from IV, the few things we had in common were our respective hair raising escapades in Indonesia and a belief in emerging markets. At a time when US markets were looking like another gold rush, it was pretty farsighted - if not foolhardy - to try and sell foreign stock ideas to US investors raking in the shekels at home.

Interestingly, Mr. Market's caught up with that story. According to Morningstar, "between 1970 and 2000, the correlation of annual returns between the S&P 500 and the MSCI EAFE index was only 48%, but has increased to 95% since that time." IOW, what services like GG pioneered back in 2006 has become run of the mill by now, effectively making international markets an equally crowded trade!

Thanks also for your kind appreciation of my inputs to GG. Your spirited participation on our boards has certainly kept us on our toes, so I really do look forward to more of it in future, somewhere across TMF.

-------------------
GG Home Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.