Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi bellefast:

Having procrastinated, obviously valuation and over-exuberance issues must now be considered, and would like to get the thoughts of BruceBrown and other ggers regarding this stock. I hate to ask open-ended questions like this. I have read the book, but, as a technologically challenged physician will have to re-read it.

I had heard of Rambus in 1997 and never took the time to investigate properly, if I had only had the GG knowledge I have now I would have realized their potential. Alas, I own no position in RMBS to this day. I see RMBS as a definite early Gorilla in the RAM market. They own key patents that allow them to derive royalties from RAM manufacturers. The licensing deals with Hitachi and Toshiba confirm this, can you say open proprietary architecture? The situation is analogous to that of QCOM in early 1999. After the deal with ERICY in April its Gorilla status was confirmed and the buying of the stock started with gusto. I'm betting we will see the same upside volatility with RMBS in 2000 that we saw with QCOM in 1999. The fundamentals have been confirmed, now the momentum is taking over.

I'm pretty sure now RMBS memory is becoming the new standard, just like CDMA is the standard for G3. RAM may be a commodity product for Hitachi and Toshiba, but the market remains huge and RMBS is getting a cut of it. With the proliferation of handheld devices and mobile computing this market segment should see tremendous growth.

I'll be looking for any major dips in which to start a position on RMBS, but I hate to invest in the middle of a momentum driven stock frenzy.

JMO

-xerohype

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.