Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hi Bill, long time no hear from you.

I don't get out much these days, becomin' somewhat of a hermit/homeboy/recluse/whatever. Regardless of either in-person or Online-persona. :-)

I just finished cleaning up from Marco, that failed Himicane, and Laura on Monday.

I figured since y'all didn't get that "wall-of-water" they wuz callin' fer, y'all probably just had another rainstorm. *yawn*

...- usual storm preparation round here for when we lose electric.

Similar to stuff we'd do in FL if they said a hurricane wuz comin' our way...Party time! ;-)

The yard dried up enough that I was finally able to start mowing my weeds in some parts of it on Tuesday.

Our garden has bit the dust this year 'cause we've gotten so much rain last month that everything was overloaded with water and kept poppin' before we could harvest 'em. *sigh*

...nuke it 4 or 3 times until hot...

I started using my veggie steamer-pot last year and will toss a hunk of butt in it, cover it, set the temp around med-low, and in about 30 mins will have hot and moist pork fer dinner. No more nukin' fer me. *shrug*

I have a problem biting with these store-bought teeth...

Me too!! One month after pullin' all'a my teeths, they went back in and did sum trimmin' surgery on my jaw bones. It was six months before my gums finally started shrinkin' and gettin' close to normal...But, a whole year's worth of shrinkin' before I could even start the process of getting dentures created.

I hired the best-of-the-best here...Cost me over $5k for these teeths, and I still can't use 'em fer eatin'. *big sigh*

Because it took so long to get the process started, my jaw wuz able to close further'n normal just so's I could eat simple stuff like hot dogs and smashed taters (...that's chunky smashed taters, not machine-whipped...).

Now, I can eat purty much any kind of meat, veggies and whatnot. However, I can not cook pasta or veggies al dente anymore 'cause I cain't chew it up properly...It's gotta be mushy. *sigh again*

...- don't let DW go food shopping, me

I have to, I'm not allowed to go out in public these days. I've had pneumonia numerous times and open-heart surgery, so they keep claimin' I'm high-risk. *another-sigh*

Know what it's like sendin' the DW to the store fer steaks and she cain't remember what I tolt her to buy and comes home with cheap shtuff I don't want??? *another big sigh*

Oh well. Guess that's why it's called LIFE.

Getting old is h3ll but considering da alternative . . .

Roger that!! I might complain occasionally, but I'll take it. :-)

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.