Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hi Bob,

I'm posting from a hotel room since our neighborhood lost power today. The electric company is working on those who have been without power since Monday.

This winter is brutal. I hope you had time to winterize your plumbing before leaving for the hotel. I'm glad you have the comfort of power which implies heat.

I think TMF has too close a relationship with Kip Tindall. Yes, he's a nice guy but TMF rec'ed TCS way to close to the IPO pop.

Now all those who bought are waiting for a recovery that may never come.

I don't think I should comment on the first part, but the second is too likely to be true.

I do have mixed feelings about how The Fool interacts with some CEOs. At last year's FoolFest I got up and walked out during a speech by one CEO (not of a Pro company). There are a limited number of identifiable lies that I can tolerate and he surpassed it. While direct interactions with CEOs can lead to insights regarding investing in their companies, it can also be a PR stunt without substance. Unless the lies are extremely blatant it is hard to know whether you are getting useful information or not.

My bottom line is that I am glad I made the mistake of investing in TCS, TTS, and a few other disasters when I joined One last year. That led me to focus more on how I am making decisions and helped to restore my focus to the Pro and Options services. I love making mistakes that I can learn from and recover from.

phooL on!

Lon.
Pro/Options Home Fool

long TCS
short TCS 17 April 2015 $25 Puts
short TCS 17 April 2015 $30 Puts
short TTS 15 May 2015 $12.50 Puts
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.