Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
Hi bookgrrl ~ God Bless You for organizing this project, and Thanks for letting me be part of it.

I just called the church in Chicago, and spoke to Minister Williams (a very nice lady) - and asked her to gather some information for me...specifically the names & phone numbers of several big grocery stores in her area. I am going to call her back in about an hour and get this information...then I'm going to call each store & speak with the mgr. & find out if they want to get involved...or at the very least, who will sell me whole turkeys the cheapest.

In the meantime, I'm going to call a few of my contacts in the institutional food business....and see if they want to get on board! Once I identify which grocery store to work with...I'll pass that info along...and we can all work through them....and they can deliver the turkey's to the church.

If any of y'all want to contact any corporate mucky-mucks that you know...including the ones you work for...<g>...mebbe we can raise enough money to feed ALL these people!! (3,000 mothers & kids)

I'll post some info on the store(s) later today.

Chez

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.