Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Brian,

I am new to TMF and watched the video you did a few days ago on "How to Research a Stock From Scratch". I find all of that information extremely helpful because it kind of gives me things to look at as a new investor. It also showed me where, and how quickly the information can be found.

I've been going over the video and your post here to kind of condense some things for myself and to create sort of a cliff notes version of the information.

One question I do have is about the charts you use. In the video you use Y Charts for charting fundamentals. I'm not sure if I could see myself paying for a service like that even though it is quick and effective in visualizing fundamentals. Could you make a recommendation on a similar website or tool that is free? I trade through Schwab using StreetSmart Edge but apparently I cannot look at fundamentals in chart form on the platform.

Thanks again for posting this content and for that video! It's really great information, even for a beginner like myself.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.