Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Calabogie & IP,

What you are referring to is known in the mortgage world as a "Condotel" and it is a classified as a "unique property" and it requires a special loan program that very few lenders offer today.

This is definitely one of those cases (right along with log homes, sod homes, sky-rise condo units, subterannean units, floating homes, homes made out of old bomb shelters, etc.) where it makes more sense to hire a broker to do the searching. Its a question of finding a source to get it done at a reasonable rate & term... not shopping for comparable rates & terms.

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.