No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Charley,
Thanks for reply and information.
I am Very appreciative for Jamie's work in creating his backtest.org website. I think it is an outstanding benefit to use for reviewing backtest of various screenings and he has obviously contributed a lot of time and effort for this, as I know it cost thousands of dollars a year to subscribe to various other commercial backtesting services.
And am also very appreciative for all of the work and contributions of ALL members of this board, which I think is a level far above most of the other Boards on this site.
I was not aware of the other details that you mentioned, so I will not say any more about this.
I was a regular participant on this MI board many years ago (around early 2000's)but have been away for a very long time and forgot my old user name, so I just recently created a new account. I helped contribute old Value line data (from their old Floppy disc way back then) for backtesting projects back when Sparfarkle, buckeroo bonzai, and number of other "oldtimers" regularly contributed to this board. I was pleasantly surprised to find many of those contributors from back then are still regularly contributing to the board and have great respect for all of you.
My main concern was that if Jamie's backtesting showed an excellent result on a particular screen, I just want to be sure I could ideally reproduce same or at least similar stocks on the same screens from my SIP software on a going forward basis should I decide to invest in the screen based on the screen backtesting results.
Thanks again,

Lester
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.