Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi cmonkey,

Matlock is part beagle/daschund, so although technically he's considered a small dog, he's closer to the size of a beagle.

Tony and Cmonkey, and everybody,

'Now, for the rest of the story'.........

Yesterday evening Matlock started coughing up large amounts of thick, clear, slightly frothy mucous, with a constant cough. I called the vet emergency number and she said to give him Robitussin DM and some Benadryl and bring him to the vet office in am. The Robitussin DM really helped alot!!! The Rob DM/Benadryl combo got us through the night and I took him to the vet this am. She thinks it is bronchitis, either allergic or bacterial. She gave him an injection of steroid, an injection of anitbiotic, and put him on oral doses of each for the next several days. He is much better now.

Question: why is it that an animal is sick at home, but when you get him (or her, as the case may be) to the vet, they seem fine? This is the question! Last night he was so sick I was afraid he was going to die, and today at the vet's office, not even one cough!!!(and he had been coughing at home before we left for the vet.) But, she did listen to his lungs and said he sounded really rough.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and concern. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Jen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.