Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
Hi Covediver,

When you said I am not sure if selling contact informations obey the privacy regulation in USA. should it be a concern?
It reminded me of what Lamat said earlier,...scrapping (private) information and reselling it sounds… a bit risky?
I too feel similarly. I don’t want to spend a lot of my time following a company I don’t believe is doing the right thing, legality aside.

After reading a few more articles on ZI, I came across one from a writer on Seeking Alpha, he wrote a sell piece:
Gary Alexander-
ZoomInfo's base of competitors is so broad it's difficult to know if ZoomInfo will ever be a clear dominant force in this lead generation/database space. Uplead, LeadIQ, D&B Hoovers, and even LinkedIn - there are plenty of companies vying for this space, in part because the barriers to entry are fairly low.
I was almost thinking pass on this one. Then I re-read Bert Hotchfield’s write up he wrote on his service Tickertarget.com last week and is now appearing in SA:
Bert
The management of ZoomInfo Technologies has suggested that its addressable market has continued to grow. Last quarter, during the course of its conference call, the company used an addressable market estimate of $30 billion. Adding the recruiting engine to the stack is going to add billions to the estimated TAM. No more than DocuSign is a company about e-signatures, ZI is a company that has been able to take a relatively mundane set of data-a compilation of contacts-and create an automated go-to-market framework. A business will spend lots of money for a workflow/sales process framework and not so much for a list of prospects. .

Bert’s first hand knowledge base prior to investing was Sales in the tech space. I’ve subscribed to his service for years. I’ve always appreciated his transparency when discussing his thought processes. I’m planning to initiate a try it out position on Monday.

Jason
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.