No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Dave,

I have been catching up from time to time on the SA boards for RST. Your deep dives have been immensely helpful. My concern though is not so much on management (I don't know much about the management team, in any case) but more on the market potential for language learning.

I have tried a few other immersion language programs before and it never struck me as a very sticky product or effective product. It's anecdotal, I know but I was hoping to see how RST can make this a more intuitive product -- to paraphrase QLIK and AAPL. To be sure, I would love it if RST could make language learning easy and fun for the user -- there is a great potential in making tough subjects accessible. Noted is that I am aware of their subscription-based discussion boards and so on, but like SCSS, I guess simply never quite got it.

One of my lessons in my first few stock trades to go for "better foresight, fair price" rather than "vague foresight, cheap price". Now, it's a concept in my head and I am not implying that RST is one with a vague future but it is easier for me to imagine a SBUX or AMZN in the future than it is for RST.

Thoughts?

Best Regards
HL Chin
who is seeking to see the foresight that David Gardner sees in RST
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.