No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi, David,

I just commented on your recent TMF article referencing SNAK and then came across this thread. I've owned this stock for a little while and like it very much so I'm glad you're publishing about it. Their 'healthy' segment is growing fast and is my favorite aspect of the company. Their TGIF segment goes up and down and is somewhat problematic.

One new item that they are offering is a vitamin added berry assortment that I think looks interesting. I think it's for sale at Costco right now so we'll have to see how it does. Their traditional frozen berries sold at Costco are very good. Their 'Vidalia' brand is popular and growing. I see it everywhere I shop now including Costco. I believe they have hired on some more salesmen so we'll see how much they can improve revenues.

A friend of mine who is a fund manager who specializes in small caps with value and who does loads of personal research and company visits likes the stock and put me on to it. So far it's up over 100% for me. I plan to hold it for a while. And in the back of my head, I'm thinking it might be a nice acquisition for a traditional food company (J.M. Smuckers?) hoping to get a toe hold into the 'healthy' markets.

Cheers!
Judy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.