Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi DI,
I am happy that my feedback is appreciated and will give my best to give all of you guys (and gals off course) as much input from here as possible.
Concerning the comments from the chinese government I want to add my 2 cents:
To understand the meaning of the comments you must know the foolowing: In chinese culture it's understood and important not to let your business partner (or anybody you interact with) loose their face!
Means, that you cannot say "NO" to somebody but rather say "later" or "maybe"! This is common practise in Asia and I wonder why it has not been mentioned clearly in the press. Btw in the asian press, especially in Hong Kong it was clear.
Actually the chinese truly believe they did Mr. Snow a favor by saying "later" even though they might have thought "never".
Now, Mr. Snow can go back to his boss and not loose his face cause he has achieved something.
Maybe the chinese will float the Yuan one day, but for now I truly doubt as they have other problems to solve first. Ant deep in their minds is the picture of Japan that had to float the Yen a decade ago under pressure from the US.... and look how long it took Japan to come out of the trouble it caused!
China wants to achieve back the status they had for several thousand years and only recently (during the last 200 years) lost to the industrialsed countries in the west. They see themselves as the oldest culture and strongest nation in the world and they have the will to become the #1 again.
As they try to achieve this under communistic rule we cannot predict if it will be successful or not as there has been no example as this in history before! (keep in mind that we are talking about a strongly capatalistic influenced communism here!)
I am looking forward where this will lead but as for now I am happy to be part of the process here in Asia.
thats it for now -my wife will kill me if I sit for one more minute infront of the computer as this is our fist day together at home in 3 weeks-
Ganni
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.