Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Hi Ditty

The growth rate comes from analyst estimates for the next five years according to the Quicken site. I also looked at Yahoo and saw a similar number: 16.3%.

Even using the more conservative estimates of 12% discount rate and 15% growth, you get an instrinsic value of $21.53. That means CNXS is still a nice 33% discount to instrinsic value. Overall, I think it would be hard to argue this is not a good value right now.

Based on their dominance of their product category and the growing value of their Breathe Right brand I think they can easily grow earnings in excess of of 15% even without any new product launches. Any new products could boost that even more.

One interesting short to medium term trend that may help earnings is the decline in the dollar. This will help their sales numbers in Europe and Japan where they have been expanding their distribution system. The sales outside the US were growing in the 25-30% range versus US growth of 15%.

Overall, I think CNS has very good growth prospects and solid fundamentals (no debt, good cash flow, market dominance). I bought at $12.00 and may expand that depending on the next quarter report.

Macklad
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.