No. of Recommendations: 3
Hi Donna....

I am not 50 so I've not raised a family like you, nor do I have the wisdom that comes from life experience that you do.

That being said, I totally relate to you and am basically in the same situation you are. Perhaps the slight difference is that I was expecting this and actively planning for it but it still hurt when i did it.

Congratulations on being what the American Left despises: A self-made American. And to boot, a self-made woman! Women like you, and so-called minorities like me aren't supposed to be able to make it on our own, or so the Left thinks.

I still feel saddened, but I feel relieved. They can't steal from me now. They can't make it harder for me. They can't tell me that I didn't build what I really DID build. If interested, here was my story:

http://boards.fool.com/ok-my-galt-story-long-30256686.aspx?s......

Jedi, I have read your story and congratulations on your success in life. I am still raising children! I have a 29 year old, a 26 year old and an 8 year old!

My husband and I were expecting this, and even so, I am distraught.

XLife stated the basic economy of the U.S. has not changed due to this election, but I beg to differ. Enough people who think like you and I do will tighten the strings to their purses and the repurcussions will be felt.

-Donna
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.