Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Dope,

“The choice here is go on Medicaid or pay exorbitant premiums for Obamacare policies. Medicaid is free.”

Having gone through the application process with my father-in-law for my mother-in-law when she was entering a nursing home I can tell you it is not “free” unless you want to consider yourself destitute. So if you wish to apply for Medicaid, consider your assets and income are virtually non-existent because otherwise you will not qualify.

Second, the “exorbitant premiums” for the Affordable Care Act are only exorbitant when compared with the junk being sold to individuals which provides piece of mind until the insured tries to use it and finds out it is not comprehensive and worthless. More on this in a new thread.

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.