Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Dtschet

It is always better to deal with the creditor directly instead of the collection agency.

When I phoned the Dep of Ed. They just past me straight on to the Debt Collection agency: GS Services.

How do I get the DoE to deal with me direct?

I've downloaded these forms (I got them from another thread) which I'll fill in in send. But now I'm faced with another problem.

How do I prove that I'm broke?? It asks for bank details (I haven't had a bank account for the best part of a year) and it asks for details of my monthly expenses....well my boyfriend pays the rent and all bills...he even pay's my medical insurance.

I've not claimed welfare or anything because I'm not living in the US but in Germany. I can't claim their Social Security because I hadn't worked here long enough before getting laid off (the Company I worked for went bust).

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.