Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi FJ,

I can certainly empathize with your perspective. Hindsight is frequently 20/20, and I’m sure there will be some post-transition discussions on what worked and what didn’t, to help the internal Fools learn to improve any future major service changes.

Like I tell my team at my day job, we can’t improve unless we know what’s broken. So I encourage you to connect with the member services team through the web form, phone number, and/or email address and let them know both your perspective and what you think a stronger plan would look like. From my perspective as an off-site contractor, I can only see a tiny fraction of what goes on ‘behind the scenes’, but I do know that the team is trying to do what’s right overall across all key stakeholders.

One thing I have learned in my time here is that only a small portion of members are active and vocal on the boards. What that tells me is that there are a lot of members whose needs are being met by other aspects of the services. From a ‘what benefits do members get from this change?’ perspective, my understanding is that May will be when the bulk of the new service kicks in, so it remains to be seen whether those aspects of the change will delight members.

Regards,
-Chuck
Discovery/HR Home Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.