Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Hi folks. I'm new to this board. I had to reply to the following post

Chili! I love crockpot chili

Soak your beans overnight (or set them to cook the night before on low) and then add other stuff ... I like onions, zucchini, green chilis, a bit of tomato sauce, tvp or some other crumbly thing for texture, corn (always corn!), garlic, spices, grated carrot ... for real variety cook several types of beans with similar cooking times. I use canellini, pintos and pink beans a lot. Cranberry beans are good too.

Very ironic that on this very day of the post (Halloween), I had my crockpot stuffed with vegetarian chili, just simmering away. I used kidney and white beans. Veggies were carrots, onions, peppers, olives, corn, tomatoes(of course), and the key ingredient was broccoli. You have to cut the broccoli into really small pieces. This provides great texture for the chili.

Anyways, I am not a vegetarian, but I rarely eat meat and am always looking for great meatless dishes and casseroles. I have a few good ones, but need more. I hope to learn from you all!

Dozer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.