Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Fools, I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions I have received and I still haven't made up my mind as of yet whether to convert this 401k transfer to a Roth. I am putting all my future 2k per year in my contributory Roth since I don't qualify for a tax deductible Ira. (No brainer, right?) I am nowhere near the 100k limit so that is a non issue. TMFTaxes said to not try and 2nd guess the Congress and I think by keeping both the traditional and Roth that this leaves me more flexibility in the future. Can you convert only a portion of a Traditional Ira? Or does it have to be 100%? The reason I ask this is because I would like to keep both Ira's equally weighted (i.e. approximately the same amount of $$$$'s in each). Probably not possible or even worth the extra paperwork and effort though. Thanks everyone, Bryan
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.