Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Fools,

I rarely post on the boards (I'll do better in 1998, I promise!), but I figured this was one I should add my two cents to.

I'm the Media Relations Wizard for The Motley Fool. Part of my job entails responding instantly to all media requests for information. Sometimes, and in this case, I contact the media first.

About a month ago a friend of mine told me that Mr. Hulbert was planning on incorporating the Fool into a story. Being an affable chap, I dropped him an email introducing myself and informing him that if he needed anything, no matter what the request, I would do everything in my ability to help him. There was no reply.

Last week, I got another tip from a friend that Mr. Hulbert would be writing this mysterious story for Forbes. Being both affable and vocal, I called him up and left a message on his voice mail offering to give him any numbers, facts, bits of information, ANYTHING that would help him with his story. Again, no reply.

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying, I tried! I tried to offer the guy some assistance and he wouldn't take it. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water....

Fool on,
Chris Hill
Media Relations Wizard
The Motley Fool
ChrisH@fool.com
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.