Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Fuskie,

Good idea. I traded my 2nd generation 2004 Prius in for a 4th generation 2016 Prius a couple months ago. I'd been waiting for 4G for a couple years, and it was worth the wait. It is niiice, and an improvement over my 2004 (which I liked a lot) in pretty much every respect. I had test drove a 3G a couple years ago, but wasn't impressed with that one. But 4G hits the spot!

I got a "touring" version, which has 17-inch wheels instead of 15.5, that along with a beefed-up suspension give it a very smooth and comfortable ride. I'm averaging a legitimate 50 mpg, taking into consideration that what shows on the screen in the car looks to be about 5% high (based on the amount of gas that I'm having to buy to fill the tank vs. the number of miles I've driven). And that includes a lot of freeway miles--it actually does a little better in town.

I also test drove a Chevy Volt and a Ford C-Max. I really wanted to like the Volt, since I hate going to gas stations and its 50-mile all-electric range would cover most of my driving. But it was just too small for me to use to go on trips, and didn't excite me to drive. Ditto the C-Max--it was OK but didn't do much for me. Maybe it's because I already had a Prius so was somewhat used to it, but as soon as I started test-driving the 2016 everything clicked for me, and what I was expecting to be a difficult decision of which one to get turned out to be very easy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.