Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi GB11:

I'll give it a shot but I hope others chip in here as well.

Other than attempting a little swing trading ala Mslob my portfolio is pretty much on lockdown. I am down to 4 companies with a place holder for CRWD should it give me an entry. My cash reserve has grown a bit and before adding new positions I am going to continue to add to the Hunker Down 5 as the market allows. The companies represent my highest conviction:

1)AYX
2)ZM
3)DDOG
4)ENPH (with an asterisk)
5)Vacant-------holding for re-entry into CRWD

If I look at PLAN it appears to be a good company and at the right price with a long term view would make a good investment - but, there are so very many appealing targets out there
just now that PLAN would be further down my list. Take a good long look at the list in the top of this thread. With minor exceptions - from strictly an amateurish viewpoint - the majority of the companies are good solid companies; with many - think SaaS here/cloud/Int Security/etc., on the cusp of revolutions that just starting. And that is leaving out (mostly) AI, IoT, and 5G.

There is going to be economic blood first, recession is here. More portfolio bleeding to the point that most will not be able to stand their ground. Just recently TMFROB posted a "confession" on Saul's board about bailing out. Why he felt that necessary - especially on Saul's board, escapes me. But the point is - and Rob is a nice guy and a pretty good investor I think - is that we are all going through something that none of us in our lifetime have ever experienced. Whether it is justified or not the panic is real.

So back to PLAN - good company but ask yourself if it is among your highest conviction companies. If so - and you have done your due diligence, then by all means include it in your portfolio when things appear at their worst - the bleakest moment when all your enthusiasm for investing has been sucked dry. (We ain't there yet). On the other hand, if PLAN seems appealing but doesn't rank among your most beloved companies - then just put it on the list for when grazing season comes back.

All the Best,
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.