Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi!

Give yourself more credit than that. Everyone can't be in first. Many times I don't finish first but it isn't due to really poor strategy. The strategy that I mentioned occurs often in Yahoo public Rotisserie leagues. Managers will manipulate their teams to make sure every player with a game that day is starting. What they end up doing is playing their marginal bench players for many of the games. They should be keeping those players on the bench and using them sparingly when a star player is hurt or you fall behind on the maximum games count. I try to keep my roster so the maximum games count is withing + or - 2 of the games you should have started someone up to that point in the season.

Start your stars or hot players and bench your marginal players.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.