No. of Recommendations: 23
Hi GreenChiles!

Jim gave his heart, soul and intellect to this board for many a year.....and then tried to stretch his theories beyond where he had been (to different kinds of stocks...aka higher risk)....and failed. That may have been predictable, but the final straw for a man who gave of himself so unselfishly were (what I consider) unfair criticisms and pot shots due to said "failure"

Having hosted the very first BMWM conference in Charleston, as well as having attended most of the others, I can attest to Jim being a perfect gentleman, admitting that he did not know everything and learning as he taught.

The interesting thing is that, had one followed Jim's original BMWM method (only solid balance sheet blue chip companies like JNJ, etc,) and doubled down on them as he originally proposed, during the 2007-2009 Great recession, one would have done quite well....which I did....thanks to Jim.

The BMWM charts, which Mike Klein, an original attendee at the first conference, generously continues to maintain, continue to be an important screen for me which identify stocks for further due diligence ( I can still hear Jim making that point about DUK...that it's stock price was down in buying territory, but that one had to know the "why" of it being down before buying). Denny Schlesinger, who has never attended a conference since he lives in Venezuela, continues to maintain the BMWM website, complete with adjustable buy/sell screens....awesome!

Moral of the story: it takes a lot less energy to tear things down/criticize, than it does to create.....and folks that have given so much of themselves, often respond to hindsight and cherry-picked criticisms with a shrug of the shoulders....and hurt feelings.

Sadly, I haven't heard from Jim in years; I hope he and his bride are well.

Cheers....and fond memories of investors helping investors:

http://bmwmethod.com/conference/gallery.php

http://bmwmethod.com/about.php

Cheers!
Murph
PRO and MFPP Home Fool
(long Jim, Mike and Denny...and the BMWM if used as originally intended)
Print the post  

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.