Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi H-Biz, I know how you feel with the skittish partner we're a little larger business in the medical field. We hope to hit 54m in the next year but at 5m sales so far this year no dimes for any of us yet.

But as with any start-up firm you need to work on direction, it's very hard to plan a market without capital and this may just be the largest step to overcome.

You talk about personal placment in health food stores. Being in the field and understanding somewhat what your product atest to do I think I would return to the drawing board.

I'm guessing because I don't know what state or area your in so here go'es;

a. I would think about returning to the drawing board on my packaging, I would if possiable have your artist work on a small 8-12 pack that may stick on a cash reg. and maybe smaller sized bottles so price mark up could be 100% or greater for the selling store.

b. I would than stop my plans of the health food stores being my main market plan. I would look to the small party store and mom pop food stores, mem are going to be your bigger users & I don't think they go to health food stores (Farmers)as much.

c. I would spend most of my day in the farmlands where hayfever in the norm, with this in mind I also would include a farmer on my display. I would also direct my market plan to farmers via mailorder not web but farm papers.

d. If I realy feel that the product would bring the repeats I might even offer the store 12 for the price of eight just to get in the door.

e. If the display is reuseable you may just plastic wrap the new supplies in six packs for reorders.

f. You may find a smaller wholeseller to place your product, but without money if they wanted say $20,000 for 90 days are you able.

g. as far as a partner in a $17,000business you have a hard road to find one most with money like to see balance sheets not dreams.

h. Dreaming? just think about the nationally marketed chip business, there's only one Lays. Very few businesses are able to market to the nation. You may want to tone down you thoughts and write-out what it really would take to do just the three largest states around you. In our business we take each county and break out our targets, the little pop. number county we don't touch. Even so we have a target market with over 47m people. We're more concern with large cities in Japan & Taiwain it's far easier than 3,000 miles out west to a town of 25,000 (In our business).

Most of the items you ask about number of stores needed and such would need mark-ups (Gross Profits) and display size and a whole lot more to even try to find the awns.

Sorry for the long talk but I know it's a long road I'm on the other side.
sameally
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.