Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Harmy

Are things really that bad in New Zealand?

Civil war? Does sound a little drastic to me. I freely admit that I have only been to NZ once for a month two years ago but have friends and distant family there with whom the subject has never really come up so I just wonder.

I must say that my impression was that the country seemed in pretty good shape. Yes I see that wages and salaries are lower than a lot of countries eleswhere....but then....so are the living expenses, or at least appear to be.

I know that you and some of your family have left and so you must have had a very good reason, but I would welcome your views on NZ in general. My partner and I liked the country and its people so much that we have even considered it as a place to retire to in say eight years or so. Presently in the UK and so at current exchange levels and cost of living differences the move would be financially very beneficial comparing like with like.

No capital gains is a big plus if you have shares that are doing well. Any plans for them to change that in the foreseeable future do you think? Interested in your opinion.

Jon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.