Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Hewitt, thanks for your comments. Being a Civics teacher, I am always asking my students to be aware of bias, be it in written material, TV commercials, or the internet. I tell them that the more information you have the better chance you have in identifying if bias exists, as well as how to view the information. In the case of the Nogales report, I had no previous knowledge of it, so my first thoughts were to be wary. Thanks for adding to my knowledge pool. I too am worried about our economy, mainly because most Americans are up to their ears in debt and have forgotten how to save for the future. I am amazed to talk with friends that make way more than I do, and are saving way less than I am. Maybe some tough economic times are what we actually need to right the ship - I tell my good friend that loves his gas guzzling truck that the best thing that could ever happen to America is for gasoline to start selling for $8 a gallon. Then the brilliant minds would have the economic incentive to work on new fuels, engines, or other technologies that would diversify or end our dependence on the one resource we need so badly, but don't have enough of. Thanks again, and I always enjoy reading your comments. Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.