Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi

I had a look at the option chain of FCX and it seems to me that the calls are very highly priced at the moment, implied volatility at the money call about 250.

You don't mention your cost of the shares but the original post in this thread is from 11/26 and your loss at 25% I would guess about $ 24. What call did you sell and for how much?

The Dec 17.50 call have a bid of $4.95 for an effective sale price of 22.45, going deeper in the money to $15 the bid is $7.05. Going out to January the bid goes up to $5.90 and $7.65 respectively. You might be able to at least break even depends on how much profit you will get after buying back your calls.

It also depends on how you feel about holding on to the shares.

I will have a look in the morning on how the shares and options are trading, I am considering to do a buy/write with a in the money Dec or Jan call.

Example;

If I can get $9.30 (current bid) for the Dec 12.50 call, that would be an effective sell price of $ 21.80 in 16 days for the shares bought at $18.05. We'll see how they are trading in the morning.

Erik
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.