Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Hi,

I just happened to find NuclearRedneck's post on Best Of, and I'd like to expand a bit on the strange box idea. I was working in academe when some of my colleagues were targeted by the UniBomber, who also used the mails. Especially because your threat came via the mail, this may be a preferred route. I don't want to add to the stress, but do beware of low tech, indirect contact attacks.

We were told at the time not to open any package not from a known source, or any package from a known source that looked atypical: more sloppy, stained, or dirty, for example. This goes for padded envelopes and those fiber envelopes used for express mail.

I would also caution about stress; this probably caused most of us more actual damage. Ask if you can telecommute, stagger hours to confuse the potential attacker, or anything else that you need to feel in control of your own fate.

I hope for a speedy resolution to your threat.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.