Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi, I'm not sure if this might pertain to your FIL - but he might have an account with DFAS (the people paying his Military pension) and he might have had an online account at MyPay. If so, then if you can find his login information you would be able to get an electronic 1099. That is what I do each year and they no longer send me a paper 1099 for my retirement benefits. The link for MyPay at DFAS is -
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.