Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Imp,
I go to 1 or 2 per year for my job. But, I usually only go as a presenter or moderator, not just an attendee. They can be valuable, but for me, the value is in the connections with people or if I am learning a brand new topic.

I am actually in the middle of attending a local conference where I was a presenter and moderator. This was valuable because of the connections I made with some of the other attendees. We have set up additional meetings in the near future to coordinate resources that will help both parties.

I have also attended sessions on topics I was not very familiar to quickly update myself on what is the current state of the art for that particular topic. What research people are presenting now is what will be published in the near future. In particular, I find it interesting when the researchers talk about their future plans and what questions their research left open. This is sometimes what will be the mid term future.

c
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.