No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi J,

Since it's part of the China consumer basket, they may give some thoughts on NBBTF, but I can't speak for the GG Fools.

I can tell you how I think they may be valued. They may be growing and a good business (or not). I'm just looking at some numbers.

Specifically I'm looking at EPS(Earnings per share) & BV(Book value)
From YaHoo Finance - EPS(ttm):$0.01 & BV(mrq):$0.05
From Scottrade - EPS(ttm):$0.06 & BV(mrq):$0.39
Another set I use from Scottrade is -
EPS Normalized(mrfy): is still $0.06 & Tangible BV(mrq):$0.38 (not much difference but with some companies it can be extreme)

I dug these numbers up from those sites since at the Fool for most OTC/Pink-Sheets they do not list any stats cuz they're generally not eligible to pick in CAPS. http://caps.fool.com/Ticker/NBBTF.PK/Stats.aspx?source=icasi...

I plug these numbers into the Graham Number Valuation formula as per the Fool Investing Wiki; http://wiki.fool.com/The_Graham_Number
Fair Value Price = Square Root of (22.5 x EPS x BVPS)

The Graham Number can be helpful in determining the relative value of the stock you're looking at. Bear in mind, it's not a substitute for doing own your homework -- but it can be a good starting point for your research.

With the YaHoo numbers I get $0.11
From the Scottrade numbers I get $0.73 & $0.72

I can't say for sure whose numbers are more accurate, but I do lean closer to Scottrade for reliability.

Still - It's a penny stock and it comes with more risk than usual. IMHO.

best,
blesto
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.