Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi James,

I don't have all your answers, just some thoughts:

Assuming you're a US citizen, you've already paid whatever income tax applies/applied to the funds in the account in question in whatever year you acquired same... And assuming, yearly, you've been filing a Form TD F 90-22.1 Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, as required...then your only concerns re: converting the funds & having them sent would be a good conversion rate and whether or not other restrictions apply on the movement of significant cash amounts into the US. I don't believe the latter is an IRS issue.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.