Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, Jared. Good to have you on the board.
Schnitzer is a (the?) major supplier of scrap steel for China.

Forgive me if I overexplain, but a lot of info can be found in the News section of the Fool.
First, check out the SCHN message board if you haven't already. Start about June when we reactivated the board.

While there, click on the News link, when you get there then half way down the page the News items start
(Did you already know all that? Probably so.)

Anyway,
This news item is called:
"Schnitzer Steel Reports Record Revenues and Profits"
http://tinyurl.com/usnw

A lot of your questions may be answered in the earnings release.
Basically, they can't keep up with the demand in China. That demand is expected to increase far more than the general China economy.

Regarding your second question. No one knows. Politicians wanted to be reelected, want to do something for the US of A. The wrong thing would be to enact tariffs. I think that is the general consensus of the non-politicians on the C.C. board. And most likely, they WON'T enact tariffs -- unless they want double-tariffs enacted back in our direction.

Hope this helps,
Larry
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.