Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi, Kenny and Larry,

Regarding buying/selling CYD and types of investors. I bought at about $19, sold at about $36 on Monday, and bought at about $28. It makes me look good on this stock. However, often times, I make much more mistakes than I get it right, like in CYD.

I don't think I am a good trader at all. I may be more of a realistic investor/trader, or hybrid invstor, or tradinvestor, as Larry put it, or maybe I am not real investor at all. I am just trying to learn as we are going. I do adjust my strategies. Like, this morning I said the sky for CYD may be falling, in the next a few hours, I see the volume for CYD to leave the possible support, I jumped back in right away. Also, when I saw CYD started to fall hard early this week with the broard market decline, I sold it to protect my gain. Because I did not want this CYD happens like JCOM, NTES, and ERES happened to my portfolio. Whatever the type of investing this is, I don't want to bleed too bad.

This is why I have been starting to look into the mechanical investing that does not involve emotions and still give me a decent return. I am trying to use the IBD top list to do a periodic and regular swapping the bad performers with the good performers. So far, my research result showed promise.

Anyway, happy investing and trading, or tradinvesting, or investrading... :))

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.