Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Pro!

I have three separate retirement accounts that I have built through Stock Advisor then Supernova; a Roth, a Sep 401k, and a personal account. At this point I can’t contribute to my Roth because We make over 180k so I put 6500$ a year into the SEP and 1200$ a month into the personal account. Combined all three total @500k. I am also 65 and nearing retirement. Yikes

I have little cash but could free up 50k by selling off some mutuel funds.

A good problem to have. Regarding the mutual funds, after account for the embedded costs and fees those are often not great ways to invest. I would have that near the top of my list to liquidate. Pro has additional thoughts at http://newsletters.fool.com/1228/guide/getting-started/make-....

I have no experience with options so I would like to just follow the recommended buys for now.

That makes sense. You can take your time and learn more about options in Options U., http://newsletters.fool.com/50/optionsu/home/.

Also there will be more information about Pro's options, hedges, and shorts in tomorrow's Pro Portfolio Positioning Report.

I feel better in selling off some the qualified retirement accounts because of the tax implications. I get itchy when I think of selling off the personal account because of year end tax gains.

Sooo I am looking for some suggestions that I could use to integrate these three accounts.

Somehow I would like to maximize the Roth because of the later tax implications.

I have my Pro portfolio spread between my Reg T margin account and my Roth IRA. It usually doesn't matter what is where, although consider having OTEX and any other dividend stocks that have foreign withholding taxes in a taxable account so that the withholding taxes can be recaptured.

phooL on!

Lon.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.