Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 11
Hi Kingran,
I read almost all posts on this board but didn't respond because I am not familiar enough with nominal cap rates to give a good opinion. It seems to me that the capitalization rate you are willing to pay is very dependent on many factors including quality of management, quality of the real estate itself, type of retail being bought, whether there is opportunities for upgrade and rent increase.

I don't typically look at cap rate as much as dividend payout, percentage to FFO, debt levels, growth, etc. I am wondering opinion many others who brouse here are in a similar thought process.

To me a single number like cap rate would be equivalent to a PE ratio for a typical stock. I own some in the low single digits and some in the "infinite" category (no GAAP earnings).

Anyway, no offense to the poll, I am just not sure I would take a lack of response as a lack board participation.

Randy
I am in a similar boat though trying to figure out if I can add to some of my REITS or whether it is late in the game.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.